Use of these forms will lead to a smooth and effective eviction process. These forms can be downloaded, filled out and faxed to our office. We assemble a file on each tenant.
1) SEVEN DAY NOTICE:
- A standard form used by Kentucky landlords where a written lease provides such notice and in any jurisdiction which has adopted the Uniform Residential Landlord Tenant Act (URLTA).
Make copies of this form to give to tenants who become delinquent in their rent. You should tape the notice to the tenant’s door if you are unable to deliver personally.
A different notice may be required for other types of rental agreements or jurisdictions where URLTA has not been adopted.
Seven Day Notice (PDF)
2) AFFIDAVIT OF SEVEN DAY NOTICE:
- Print out this affidavit. Please fax this affidavit plus a copy of the SEVEN DAY NOTICE given to your tenant to our office.
3) AFFIDAVIT AND PAYMENT HISTORY:
• Print this affidavit and attach a copy of the tenant’s payment history listing the past due rent and late charges. The affidavit should be signed by the keeper of your rental records.
This documents the past due amount(s) claimed in the Forcible Detainer (eviction). This is necessary when a tenant claims to have paid the rent but has not been given credit. Please fax the affidavit with payment history to our office.
4) LIMITED POWER OF ATTORNEY:
Occasionally, judges will require that we present a power of attorney to act on your behalf if you are not present in court. This power of attorney is very narrow, limited and can be revoked it at any time. This allows us to obtain your Forcible Detainer (evictions) and judgments for the past due amounts owed by the tenant.
Please complete the Power of Attorney and fax it to our office. We need only one copy of the Power of Attorney. You do not need to send it for every eviction.
5) WRITTEN LEASE:
If your lease with the tenant is in writing, fax us a copy of the lease.
- It is important that you give a seven-day notice to everyone named in the lease as a tenant.
- We will ensure that each person named in the lease is served with a copy of the Forcible Detainer (eviction).
- If your rental agreement is not in writing, please summarize your oral agreement with the tenant in writing and signed it. Fax your written summary of the oral agreement to our office.
6) LETTER OF ENGAGEMENT:
To start, we require a signed letter of engagement which outlines our fee structure and responsibilities.
Engagement letters are encouraged by the Kentucky Bar Association and are helpful in defining your rights and obligations as well as defining ours. Please download the letter of engagement, sign it and fax it to our office. We need only one copy and you will not be required to send it for each service that we provide for you.
While this sounds time consuming but it is actually fairly easy. Most requires only a fax of what you already have in your possession.